Casino Visit Limit limits the number of visits per calendar month an individual can make to the casinos in Singapore. This is only available for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents.
1. Voluntary Visit Limit
A voluntary visit limit which can be applied by anyone to limit his/her casino visits per month as a safeguard against problem gambling. To apply: For Singaporeans/Permanent Residents - Please click here.
2. Family Visit Limit
Immediate family members can apply to limit his/her family member’s monthly casino visits. This is to protect the family from further harm caused by an individual’s gambling habits.
3. Third Party Visit Limit
NCPG may impose a visit limit on individuals who are frequent casino patrons and are deemed to be financially vulnerable.
Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents may apply to limit their visits to the casino per month by applying for a Voluntary Visit Limit. The application is free and can be made in the following three ways:
Apply in person at the NCPG. Your Voluntary Visit Limit takes effect immediately upon submission.
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Witness stated in the application form may be contacted for verification purposes.
Applications will be processed within 10 working days and the Visit Limit will take effect as per notified by NCPG if a Singapore registered mobile number is provided. Please call NCPG at 6354 8154 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not hear from NCPG within 10 working days.
Please note that if you have already exceeded the number of visits you are applying for in this calendar month, you will not be able to enter the casinos upon submission of your application for the rest of the calendar month.
Family members can apply to limit the number of times a gambler in their family can visit the casinos in a calendar month.
Who can make this application?
The application process takes approximately three weeks. Please refer here for the procedure.
Steps to Increase/Decrease my Visits
1. To vary the number of visits you have applied, please call NCPG at 6354 8154 to provide your contact information.
2. Applicant will be given an appointment date to NCPG to complete the application in a follow-up call.
3. Applicant completes appointment at NCPG.
4. Applicant will be advised on the effective date of the new limit.
Steps to Revoke
1. To revoke, please call NCPG at 6354 8154. NCPG will refer you to an agency for problem gambling assessment (clinical assessment and counselling if necessary).
2. Applicant to contact the appointed agency to arrange for an appointment after three working days.
3. Applicant completes appointment at referred agency.
4. Applicant will be advised on the effective date of the revocation.
Please refer here for the procedure.
The Third Party Visit Limit is a measure targeted at protecting financially vulnerable locals who are visiting the casino frequently. It is meant to help financially vulnerable individuals who visit the casino frequently limit their gambling before it progresses to a gambling addiction and they become financially distressed..
For severe cases, NCPG may impose an exclusion order instead of a visit limit.
The Third Party Visit Limit is imposed by NCPG. There is no need to apply.
Click here to watch a short video on Third Party Visit Limit or here to learn more about the process.