Our Terms of Reference
The Council’s main roles are:
- To provide advice and feedback to the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) on social concerns related to problems arising from gambling
- To execute Casino Exclusions and Visit Limits in accordance with the Casino Control Act and within prevailing policies on casino social safeguards.
- To support and implement effective programmes with regard to:
- Public education and outreach on problem gambling
- Public communications and consultation of stakeholders on gambling related issues
- Responsible gambling practices by legalised gambling operators
- Research into problem gambling
- Prevention and treatment services for problem gamblers and their families
MSF provides Secretariat support to the Council.