RG Awareness Week (RGAW)
The annual RGAW was first organised in 2014 and continues to be the mainstay for patron education. Roadshows at the casinos, Singapore Pools outlets, Singapore Turf Club Racecourse and jackpot rooms reach out to a sizeable gambling population to teach, remind and share with them about responsible gambling and responsible gambling tips through interactive games.
- RGAW 2022: “Are you playing Smart? Play Safe, Act now”
- The Responsible Gambling Awareness Week (RGAW) 2022 was held from 28 October 2022 to 6 November 2022. Roadshows were held at various gambling venues around Singapore, such as casinos, Gaming Machine Rooms in private clubs, Singapore Pools branches. The theme “Are you playing Smart? Play Safe, Act now” emphasised that it was within an individual’s control to gamble responsibly. There were interactive games to help patrons to learn more about responsible gambling, as well as a self-assessment quiz for patrons to understand their gambling profile so that they can take steps to gamble more responsibly.
Patrons engaging in games to learn about responsible gambling.
- RGAW 2021: “Have you got the full picture? Play Safe, Play Smart”
RGAW 2021 was held from 26 November to 5 December. Thanks to strong support from the gambling operators, RGAW was able to resume in-person roadshows after taking a break in 2020 due to COVID-19. Patrons played digital games “Have you got the full picture?” and “RG Awareness Run” to learn about responsible gambling in a fun manner. There was also an RG quiz for patrons to reflect on their gambling behaviour.
Patrons engaging in digital games to learn about responsible gambling.
- RGAW 2019: “Are you playing Smart? Let’s find out”
RGAW 2019, held from 10 to 23 May, was launched at Resorts World Sentosa. NCPG’s Young-At-Heart (YAH!) problem gambling prevention ambassadors from Monfort Care performed a skit and Resorts World Sentosa RG Ambassadors shared their experiences on promoting responsible gambling. Interactive games were conducted to engage patrons at the casinos, jackpot rooms and Singapore Pools outlets.
NCPG’s Young-At-Heart (YAH!) problem gambling prevention ambassadors performing a skit and RWS RG ambassadors sharing their experiences.
- RGAW 2018: “Have you crossed the line?”
RGAW 2018, held from 5 to 13 April, was launched at Singapore Pools Building. Mr Tay Boon Khai from Singapore Pools and Ms Jolene Ong from Arise2care Community Services Ltd, presented “Responsible Gambling Framework and Practices” and “Together, We can Paint a Rainbow of Hope for Problem Gamblers” respectively. RG activities were held at jackpot rooms, Singapore Pools outlets, horse-betting centres and casinos to promote awareness of responsible gambling. There were also training sessions for gambling operators on how to spot signs of problem gambling, ways to offer assistance to patrons, and information on help resources available.
Official launch of RGAW 2018 at Singapore Pools Building and patrons engaging in RG roadshows.
- RGAW 2016:
RGAW 2016, held from 29 July to 6 Aug, was launched at Marina Bay Sands and attended by Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, then Minister for Social and Family Development. There was a commemorative video on RG efforts by various operators and YAH! RG Ambassadors performed a skit. A lunch time talk presented by Dr Thomas Lee (RGF member) and Dr Jon Kelly (NCPG International Advisory Panel (IAP) member) was held at Livewire (MBS) on 2 Aug 2016. There were also interactive games to promote responsible gambling, dispel common gambling myths and promote awareness of the National Problem Gambling Helpline to patrons.
- RGAW 2015:
RGAW 2015, held from 24 to 31 July, was launched at Singapore Turf Club and supported by 2 community partners - NCPG’s YAH! Problem Gambling Prevention Ambassadors from Montfort Care and Thye Hua Kwan Problem Gambling Recovery Centre. The volunteers were at various gambling venues to promote responsible gambling. A lunchtime talk was presented by Ms Tham Yuen Han from We Care Community Services.
Highlights of RGAW 2015
- RGAW 2014:
- RGAW 2014, which was held from 5 to 10 May, kickstarted the annual Responsible Gambling Awareness Week to educate and raise awareness on responsible gambling. It was launched at Marina Bay Sands and was graced by then Minister for Social and Family Development, Mr Chan Chun Sing. Mr John Luff from the World Lottery Association was the keynote speaker. Roadshows were conducted across various gambling venues and were facilitated by NCPG’s YAH! Problem Gambling Prevention Ambassadors from Montfort Care and volunteers from both Thye Hua Kwan Problem Gambling Recovery Centre and National Addictions Management Service.
Highlights of RGAW 2014