Apply Family Exclusion Order
Individuals may apply to exclude a family member whose gambling has caused serious harm to the family, from the following gambling activities in Singapore:
- Casinos (Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Bay Sands)
- Jackpot machine rooms at private clubs
- Singapore Pools online betting
NCPG may make a Provisional Family Exclusion Order pending the outcome of the Family Exclusion Order application, if the NCPG is satisfied that there is serious harm to his/her family members and further harm is imminent.
Who can apply?
- Children, including adoptive / step-children
- Parents, including adoptive / step-parents
- Siblings, including adoptive, step, half-siblings
Will the family member you are applying the Family Exclusion Order (“Respondent”) on know who made the application?
Yes, the Respondent will be notified in all documentations of the process including the summons and outcome in which the Respondent will receive.
How do I apply?
Please log in with your Singpass to proceed with your Family Exclusion Order application.
If you require assistance on how to submit your application, you may contact NCPG at 6354 8154. You may also wish to contact NCPG’s appointed agency, Resilienz Clinic, at 6397 7300 if you are unable to make the application online.
What information do I need to provide?
You need to provide the personal particulars of yourself and the Respondent, such as name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and address. Additionally, if you have supporting documents regarding the gambling behaviour and the harm caused to the family, please get them ready so that you can upload the documents during the application. The following are examples of documents which you can provide as evidence:
- Casino entry levy tickets, casino membership cards, lottery tickets
- Police reports on family violence
- Bank statements, letter of demand, pawn tickets, credit card bills, I-Owe-You notes
- Police report on harassment, loanshark notes / payment
Please ensure that the documents uploaded are in JPEG, JPG, PNG or PDF format and not exceeding 5 MB each.
What happens after I submit the application?
NCPG will contact you within 3 working days to follow up on your application.
You will also be required to attend a hearing where the Committee of Assessors (“COA”) formed by the NCPG will review your application. The hearing is usually scheduled 2 weeks from the application date.
A summons will be sent to the Respondent to attend the hearing. He/she may choose to consent to the order or object. If he/she chooses to object but does not attend the hearing, the COA may proceed to make a decision at the scheduled hearing.
After the hearing, you will be informed of the outcome of the application via courier by the next working day.
What happens when the Family Exclusion Order is granted?
The Respondent will be banned from the following:
- Entering or remaining on all casino premises; or taking part in any gaming in all casino premises; and/or
- Entering or remaining on all jackpot machine rooms1 in private clubs except to perform work2 within any of those rooms; or taking part in any gaming in all jackpot machine rooms; and/or
- Accessing Singapore Pools account-related3 services if he/she is an existing account holder; and opening an account subsequently if he/she is not an existing account holder.
Can I selectively exclude the Respondent from a specific gambling product (e.g., to only exclude from casinos but allow Singapore Pools online betting)?
The Family Exclusion Order will be effective across all Singapore casinos, jackpot machine rooms in private clubs, and Singapore Pools online betting account.
1“Jackpot machine rooms” refer to gaming machine rooms under the Gambling Control Act.
2This refers to the scope of “defined work” under the Casino Control Act.
3This refers to general remote gambling under the Gambling Control Act.