Revoke / Vary Family Visit Limit
Individuals may apply to revoke or vary their Family Visit Limit after being on the safeguard for at least one year. The Family Visit Limit will remain in force until it is revoked successfully.
Who can apply?
- Respondent (i.e. the visit limited person)
- Immediate Family Members* of Respondent
*Family members must be at least 21 years old, and include spouse, children, parents, and siblings.
How do I apply?
Please contact NCPG at 6354 8154 for assistance with your application.
What information do I need to provide?
The Respondent should get ready the following documents to submit during the application:
- Credit Bureau Singapore Report
- Personal Bureau Individual Credit Report
- Latest Bank Statements
- Latest Pay Slips
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment or Documents evidencing Income
What happens after I submit the application?
- Respondent will be required to make an appointment for a harm assessment at NCPG’s appointed agency, Resilienz Clinic.
- Family Visit Limit Applicant / family members of the Respondent will be contacted by the counsellor to gather more information about the Respondent and changes in circumstances.
- Additionally, if the application is made by the Respondent, the Council will need to give permission before the application can proceed to the next stage.
What happens after the interviews and assessments are completed?
If the Council grants permission for the application to be made, or if an application is made by a supportive family member, a hearing will be scheduled to hear the affected parties.
How long does it take for the NCPG to decide if the Family Visit Limit can be revoked or varied?
The duration depends on how soon the revocation / variation procedures are completed. Most applications take about 6 months to complete.